Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Bought a scope from a seller here a week ago and sent funds via pay pal right away. He sent pics, was responsive, and everything seemed legit. Had several back and forth email exchanges where he kept saying he was gonna send it but was busy over the span of 3-4 days. Then as I was looking for another entirely separate scope the guy responded via pm to my WTB ad and said he had this scope too and he’d send both scopes in same package if I wanted to buy the second one too. I thought about it but decided against buying the second scope. Told the seller that and to please go ahead and ship the first scope that I already paid for. That was 2 days ago and that was the last contact. Several attempts at email for a shipping update have been ignored and he is not responding to multiple emails.

Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but this doesn’t smell right. Of course he has no posts. Red flag, I know, but I’ve done so many smooth deals here I didn’t even think about it. How long do I give this guy? Not that I have any real recourse at all but at least before I post his name publicly so no one else gets screwed?

Dude every time I post a WTB ad here I get at least one scammer offering me said item. They always want to communicate via email, and it’s always from an account with no posts.

Sadly, it sounds like you got bamboozled. Hopefully you used regular paypal and can file a complaint. If I’m buying, even from known guys, I’m using Paypal and I’ll eat the fee for my peace of mind.