I bought one of the less expensive Ameristep blinds and had to leave it in place for almost two months as we couldn't get back to the location. When a friend went to retrieve it it was stuck in a mesquite tree. All the stake loops had ripped out. Ameristep said they don't warrant weather damage. I had to glue and rivet leather patches in place and replaced the loops with para cord. If you leave the blind set up for the season you might want to reinforce the stake loops from the start. I like the models that have a skirt you can put rocks on too. I have had javelinas poke their head in before and it was a little un-nerving.

Tried the dog house and it would not hold up to strong winds, I also had trouble drawing in it a long bow is definitely out. The Cabelas version didn't make to the third use before it ripped. I would go up at least one or two notches up from the cheapest models out there.

Last edited by Tejano; 04/14/19.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli