Got there bright and early Saturday. Lots and lots of Savage stuff. Some nice and some "so-so". Met Ralph there. Every year I see him he says this is his last, but I'll bet he's there next year. This was the first year I did not see Doug Farey (DGF). That was quite a void as he and his buddy Max France always had some great stuff. I met up with Marshfello, Fug1899, and a first for me. I met PoconoJack. That was totally unexpected., but a pleasant visit. I found a 99F in really nice shape. It was a .303 Sav with high luster blue and a 22" barrrel You could see some freckling but that would be expected. No extra holes. The owner said he had in in Tulsa and he said, "you wouldn't believe how many times that gun got picked up and put down". Seems like an ad for Planet Fitness. Well, I also put it down and walked away. BUT I kept going back for another look.Seiral number is 3146XX. Puts it at 1928. Not too shabby for 91 years old. It will go nicely with the checkered F I have in .300. with a 24" barrel

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5