To add to my post:

Our league has a captains' meeting/pot luck dinner to which each team brings a dish to share. I've been representing our team (as cook/co-captain) for 18 years now. The voting on meals is done by those present with no voting for your own dish. We have won it 11 times over that period, 8 times with a dish prepared by me.

The first 5 times I won, I prepared the dish several different times and adjusted the base recipe as I saw fit. The three times I used Eileen's recipe I made and served it for the first time at the meeting. I did add mushrooms to the first dish (though I still can't remember which one it was) and should have done so this time with the fajitas but didn't as I knew there were a couple guys who would not eat mushrooms and I would lose the chance for their vote.

My wife just ate some of the fajita "leftovers" I did not bring to the meeting. She loved it and was impressed how tender the meat was. I was going to have some myself but it seems my wife brought the remainder with to her bible study meeting. It's leftover beef stroganoff for me!