Last Thursday I was on my way to the Icebreaker in Montana to shoot with the boys up there. Clutch fell to pieces at a stop sign near Brockway. The nearest towtruck/mechanic is in Glendive, 60 miles east. I was able to get it moving/started without the clutch and drove it to the shop, shifting without the clutch. Gibbs Repair's guys were great. I spent the night in the truck in their yard. First thing Friday morning the guys ripped into it. Had it broke down by 8 AM. The holdup was getting the flywheel resurfaced, it didn't show back up till 1 in the afternoon. As soon as it was back, they jumped on it to get me on my way. I reckon it helped by talking to Mike Gibbs (the owner) first. A fellow shooter/gun nut. The Ford dealer was a week out, so Gibbs offer to help me get going the next day was much appreciated. I made it to the Icebreaker just before dark on friday, so didn't get to shoot till Saturday. By getting there late, Montana Marine and oldslowdog had already left, so I'll have to catch those guys next year. I talked to Sammo on the phone as I blew thru Wolf Point, but didn't have time to stop and visit this time. The 20 year old '99 Ford F-350 only had a 103,333 miles on it, so maybe it was time. While it was apart I had them put new u-joints on the back driveshaft. Put 1682 miles on it this trip, ford ran great and the clutch worked like a champ on the way home.

before she blew..
[Linked Image]

at home.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by huntsman22; 04/14/19.