The more you shoot the 223 AI, the more you are going to appreciate it. So, invest in a good set of dies as you will probably have one or half a dozen in your gun safe in the coming years.

The Lee Collet neck sizer in 223 is a winner for the AI. Various Mandrel sizes can be had for cheap money in .0005 sizes from Granger, and if you want to dive off the deep end, you can get mandrels graduated in .0001 sizes from another source, this is way overkill. I use a small O ring to hold the mandrel in the collet neck sizer for the .0001 and .0005 mandrels and de prime in a separate operation. Run out gauges prove the Lee Collet neck sizer often will produce straighter necks than bushing dies, and I have both.

This tool does not like the lee dies that I have, and I am saving mine to give to someone that I don't like:

[Linked Image][/URL]

Jimgdc, you will need a Full length sizer, as the AI's that I have like running loads toward the TOP END of the pressure curve. Stick has given you good advise on a good set of dies to buy, cry once.

Do not underestimate the ability of this little round to kill deer, hogs, and the last antelope that I shot was with this case at 470 yards, he died in his tracks with a 55g Sierra btsp.

I just got in a Brux 7T in a #3 taper, and I am going to throat it for the 88g Hornady, and I expect this combo to make many other chamberings null and void with decent barrel life.

Last edited by keith; 04/15/19.