Originally Posted by kragman1
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Vasquez956
Oh man I cant wait to put a 30mm scope with 6x magnification, and huge target turrets on my RIMFIRE HUNTING RIFLE!!! What a load of freakin crap. Hahaha
Nor do I want to haul a giant azz 4-16 AO that's half as big as the rifle around the woods and fields with me. I don't need to see the fuggin fleas in a woodchucks ear to kill it, nor do I wish to shoot flies in outer space with my .22 mag...

I'm with you guys on the whole "telescope on a rimfire" thing, but I do like a 3 or 4-12 on a magnum. Even on a good 22lr. I'm not a fan of large objective lenses.
A 6X on the small side for an lr suits me fine though. I have rifles set up both ways, and I find that its the weight of a large scope that puts me off, not the magnification. Of course, I don't leave them on 12X, but its there if I want it.
I had a 4-12 on my .222 for awhile. Hated the damn big thing and never needed the 12x magnification for shooting varmints out to 250 yards. Went back to a straight 6x on that .222 and lived with it happily till I sold it several years later. I now have a 3-9x40 on one of my .223's and a 2-7x32 on the other and have no problem killing chucks out to 250-300 yards with them. I sure as hell don't need more x's on my .22 mag. than on my .223's..