I have a Model 1920 / 26 in .300 Savage (S/N 11XXX) that reeeeally wants to get sprung from detention in the back of the safe.

When it followed me home a few years ago, it wore an old Weaver scope. Adequate, but I finally took it off - this li'l rifle wearing a scope is like putting shoes on a duck. The base holes are ugly, but I'll fill 'em.

Anyway, being a 26, the barrel is not dovetailed for a rear sight, and it does have the standard Lyman 54 base (left-side)... but, like so many, it's missing the mast.

I seem to recall at one time there was a gentleman who fabricated a functional replacement mast. Might anyone know if he - or his masts - might still be around? Or, on a more technical side, can anyone suggest another mast-type sight that could lend itself to being milled to fit the 54 base? My son is a machinist - if I can't find a replacement mast, I'd love to be able to hand him donor parts and say "Here, Kid! Make this fit!" grin

By the way ~ he has a 1920 with a Marble's S20 ~ the other really neat but really scarce one. smile