I live out in the country where you have a box at the edge of the road, the postal carrier doesn't come to your door.

After years of dealing with a box in winter facing a open field in winter and a brain dead postal carrier, not to mention snow plows, I rented a post office box in the local post office. That worked great. I could swing by after work and get my stuff. Then they changed the hours to 10 AM to 2:30 PM as it is a small post office. Well that is a problem, I can't take off work to get there and it is a pain to have others get my stuff.

So the logical choice would be use UPS/FEDEX that will drive up the driveway and leave it at my door. When that happens it works.

However, it seems just about every mail order seller thinks USPS/FEDEX/UPS is interchangeable. They are not. USPS will not bring a package to my house because I have a POB. Since I don't put the POB on the shipping information they send unknown address info to the shipper when my physical address doesn't resolve. This is a royal pain in the arse.

How do those in my situation deal with this crap?

Thanks