Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by 405wcf
I can't find the link to Bob Baker's comments on this issue, but I have read a number of first hand accounts of Lil'gun causing throat damage when used a high pressures (60K psi+). My interest stems from my use of the 45 Raptor. I like the reported velocities people are achieving with the powder but I am not willing to gamble with a Krieger barrel. Too expensive for me to gamble with!

I use it at about that pressure in the 300 Blk, and so do about a million other people. I've never heard of throat erosion issues in that cartridge. It's not exactly known as a barrel burner, but then neither is most anything else that would use Lil'Gun in a rifle.

What cartridges did you read the first hand accounts about, and were they rifles or revolvers?

The problems that have been cited have been with 454 Casull and 460 S&W. All in revolvers, both top strap and forcing cone. I know my rifle application is not the same thing. Probably the best idea would be for me to run a Ruger American 450 Bushmaster hot as a test bed.