Originally Posted by ttpoz
We are so lucky to have a great many excellent bullets to choose from! I have not used 110 ABs. I have limited experience with the 140 AB out of a 270 and am a fan. But if you wanna play with 110 grainers out of a 270, go with the TTSX - especially if you have a 24" barrel. It'll make your 270 think its a 257 Weatherby. As others have noted, of course, the BC catches up with you at long range.

Agreed! These are the glory days for bullets.
[Linked Image]
Here are some 130 grain 270 bullets. Except for the 110 TTSX on the end. All the 130s were caught in milk jugs,set at 100 yards. Launched with 55 grain of IMR 4350 from a 22" Tikka.

Left to right. Accubond , Grand Slam , Hornady Spire Point , Tipped Trophy Bonded. The Hornady did puke it's core. It's sitting there as one, but it did seperatd. In its defense. I shot a mule deer buck at 343 yards with one. Dropped like a bad habit. Of course it was hit in the spine and angled up into the chest as it climbed a rise going away from me. Still, can't complain.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."