Light rifles with pencil contour barrels generally require a good light trigger and very consistant good form to shoot under 1 moa. They are not for everyone. I find a little heavier barrel and rifle a lot more forgiving.

I have a first gen ti in 30-06 that I've shot several sub 1/2 moa groups from, and a Montana 7 wsm and 308 that have done the same. I've let friends shoot them and they become 2 moa guns and I've had some 2 moa days myself.

I think the tikkas have a rep for shooting well in part because they have great triggers and a little heavier sporter contour for a light rifle. It seems real easy to torque a pencil barrel off course a bit with a bad trigger pull. Changing grip, bag position, or bipod loading can cause problems pretty easy with pencil barrels too.

About 18 years ago I started putting together faux ti's for a lot of friends with the barrels and stocks Christensen was pulling off of first gen ti's. I noticed a lot of my friends didn't shoot them well. When rem went to Alaskan Ti's I started putting together faux Alaskan Tis for some friends and they all loved them and shot pretty well with them.

I still prefer the gen 1's by a mile but the average guy seems to shoot at least a 6.5 plus pound rifle better.

Bb