I have an RWS 34 T06, which I purchased new and I've had a terrible time sighting it in using the iron sights - it seems to be all over the place. Admittedly, I only tried to sight it in once, last summer when it was about 109° so that may have been a factor. I've had two Sherridans, which I grew up shooting and they were accurate as hell, but I've never had a high quality air rifle like my RWS 34 and I guess I'm just not used to it. The RWS is considerably heavier and somewhat cumbersome compared to my Sherridans and it is much more difficult to cock the break action (bordering on very difficult), but I imagine that it will get easier to cock with use - is it ok to dry fire one of these?

Is there a set procedure for sighting in such an air gun? At what range should I sight in - 50 feet?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue