Originally Posted by memtb
If you can find one of these used, it’s supposed to be a great scope!

Leupold VX3. 1 3/4 - 6 Of course it’s pretty hard to beat a Leupold 2.5 - 8 ! memtb

This is what I have on my 375 and I like it a lot.

Had an old VX II 2-7x and it outlasted my barrel on a 7RM. The stock was also re-finished twice but the scope kept on ticking.

Put it on some other rifles then put it on my sons Colt light rifle. With the extra low rings the variable power ring post was in the way of the bolt at low settings so I took it off. Dumb azz move, I should have put in an allen screw to replace it. Finally the 1970s era scope quit being a variable. Leupold would not fix it in spite of me saying I was sentimental about the scope. For a slight up charge they sent me a VX III 2.5-8x. I just hope it lasts as long as it's predecessor, that was a pretty good return for a summer of lawn mowing.

So yes I think it is a good option.

Edit: Ooops just saw you are talking about a VX1 But the VX1 is comparable or better than my old VX II so still a good option.

Last edited by Tejano; 04/29/19.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli