I don’t have a VX6 with the firedot, so I can’t compare it to my VX5 firedot. What I can say is that I really like the reticle and firedot in my VX5. It was just what I wanted - a variable intensity illuminated dot that could be dialed down to almost no illumination at all. As for the scope with the TMR that couldn’t possibly have that reticle, well stuff happens. Reminds me of a decade ago when a salesman walked into my 7th floor office, and had a pizza with him. I knew the guy and liked him, but there was no possible way he got through 3 levels of security to get to me with a pizza. But there he was. I was hungry anyway, so we ate some pizza, and I called the head of security to tell them that the 3 layers of unbeatable security had failed. He denied the possibility, so I invited him up for pizza. And I asked the salesman, George, how he had managed to get to my floor. He said “nobody stops the pizza guy”.

So I’m guessing that Leupold did a custom order for that reticle in that scope and it somehow got sent to the wrong address. Geez, I had that reticle installed in one of my scopes, which could not have had that reticle originally. I just wish it was the TMR with firedot. I’m liking the firedot. And I’m liking Leupold. Been using them for maybe 45 years, though not exclusively.