Originally Posted by fishdog52
Observed/involved with the autopsies of 3 bull moose last fall, 2 taken with factory loaded 180 gr Trophy Bonded out of 300 Win Mags. Both moose were shot at about 200 yards. 4 of 5 bullets were recovered, all under the skin on the far side, all mushroomed just like the ads, including one that went thru a shoulder.
I took my moose with 150 gr Partitions out of a 300 Savage, at 65 yards. Both bullets were recovered, same story as above.
Bull moose #4 at that camp, was taken with a single 180 gr Partition out of a 300 Win Mag, thru the lungs. Complete pass thru at about 200 yards.
The hunt was in Newfoundland.

Cool stuff. Moose taken with mirror image results. With possibly the most notorious premium bullet, the Partition, and the brand new Tipped Trophy Bonded. The 300 Savage carries a bunch of cool factor too I might add.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."