Get on You tube and search for Blue Def. There are a couple of good videos on it.You need to learn how to read the MFGR date code on the container. It has a shelf life of 1 year. The warmer it is, the less shelf life and that includes when you put it in your truck. Some of the stuff on shelves are past expiration date when you buy it.

I bought a 2019 Chevy Duramax last Dec. and I wish I had not filled the def tank all the way up.If I were you,unless you are running it very day, only fill it up half way. Your truck has a sensor and will tell you when you have to add. When you get that notice,you will have so many miles to go before your truck will only go 55mph because of low Def. Your owners manual will tell you about that.

If it sets in your truck too long, you will get a message of poor quality def. Bad thing about it, there is no drain plug on the def, so that means a trip to the shop to have them remove the tank and empty it a clean everything out. Form what I have learn that is about $300.

My truck is the same color as yours, but it is a 2500HD with full size Duramax V8

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles