Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I spoke with James Calhoun today and am in receipt of a list of items from which to build an order.

Of course, we expect a follow up report.

DF

On order is a LH CZ 527 with the single shot adapter. We will discuss barrel contour and length upon their arrival as he is in receipt of them now. I suspect this project will take the better part of 3-4 months. I have ordered brass, rod guide & ammo.

Its a 300-350 yard gun. How would you scope it?

I scoped my 527 K-Hornet with this rail adapter. http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1133585 and vintage Leupold 3-9x40 scope.

I used low Weavers for a net low mount, IMO about as low as one can go with this gun. And, you need the new American bolt handle to clear the ocular. And, as you can see, even with the new bolt handle, it doesn't clear by much. Goes to show just how low that mount is. I get great cheek weld with this set up. James will modify the original handle, but it worked out that the CZ American handle was less expensive.

I talked to James about the clip. He told me how to cut some off the spring and I did as he directed. Works better. OEM spring a bit too strong.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]