Wednesday night's it is sporting clays. We go out for pizza afterward until the day lengthens enough to bbq. Everybody has to bring a meal one night and some beers on another. I've been shooting with this group for 20 years but it looks like this year may be our last. 4 have retired with two of the guys not showing up as regularly due to other hobbies. Another had to quit the team after being laid off and having to relocate for a new job. Two others have been less reliable than in the past as their current job situations have them traveling more than in the past.

It's a shame we may be breaking up, since I started we have moved from the bottom class to the overall club champions for a couple of years. We then started shooting for entertainment by declaring "SxS day", 28 ga only night, or bring a gun and trade night. One year I shot a different gun each night for the whole season.

I shoot trap on Thursdays. I've shot on this team since the mid-1990s with a break of several years when the sponsor stopped shooting. He started back up a couple years ago and I've been shooting since. There are only three of us from the original team with two of our nemesis' from the past on the team now. This year we took on a kid who is home schooled and was unable to get on a high school team. He is out shooting our sponsor so either the kid or I will will get cut!😀

Back when I was more serious in my shooting, I shot on another trap team, a skeet league, and sporting clays leagues at two additional clubs in the spring through summer. Winter had me shooting a 5 stand and 410 league. That did not count registered matches for trap and sporting clays either. I rarely shot clays from Sept 1 until Christmas. There were two charity shoots in there that I attended but that was it. The rest of the year had me shooting clays somewhere each week.