So what do you think - not too shabby for a rookie? First time ever making paper cartridges...
I made the one on the left and the one on the right uses Hahn tubes. Bullet on the left I'm told was cast from an original Shiloh mold and the one on the right from a Brooks Ringtail mold. With the bullet dropped into the chamber up against the rifling, the paper tubes come out at 1 5/16". The bottom is sealed with end wraps used for doing ladies permanents. That way I don't have to cut paper closing the breech, and I can unload it without wasting / dumping powder everywhere. I used corn meal as the control medium for FFg and the ringtail load can take 50 grains without a wad, and the Shiloh bullet can take 60 grains. Both bullets are cast 30:1, and that Sharps bullet ought to make one heck of hunting round! Now all I have to do is load some with the holy black, lube the bullet and see if the bite is worse than the bark, or the bark is worse than the bite!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit