OK. Allow me to repeat: "The idea is to have THE single most versatile firearm in the world".

You're way underthinking how to reach my goal. But 16 ga>12 ga might be a reasonable option.

A rimfire adapter in a shotgun barrel is useless. Will not be accurate. At all.

And you completely ignored THE most important part - how to easily harvest the most common easily-obtainable meat in the woods - tweety birds - without shredding them. As explained. This *requires*, above all else, the ability to shoot .22lr and/or .22 mag shotshells. Without a donut hole. This is NOT a "hunting gun" (as explained). This is an ultimate drilling for the sole purpose of subsistence survival (meaning game getting with the least amount of ammo weight-to-game-harvested humanly possible). 2 barrels of shotgun are certainly not needed (total dead weight), because for the purpose of this gun, you'll be pot-shooting the waterfowl not wingshooting 90% of the time.

Perhaps a case could be made for going to 2 barrels by eliminating the .280, and relying on the idea that "if the 80 grain .223 with head shot doesn't do the trick, time to step up to the slug". Then you'd certainly have a sleeker, better handling gun (not a drilling obviously).

Think Dick Proenneke, folks. Thanks for the input.

Yes, I too would love to see more combo gun options. the remington-branded Baikals had some interesting chamberings but was rough and is now not imported. Last time Savage did the 24, it was cheap plastic stock and limited to .22lr / .410, IIRC. Also discontinued.

Last edited by DannyLandrum; 05/09/19.