Noticed a difference in the internals of the 2 mags I got with the RAR Predator. One has a metal follower and the other is plastic and how they each work is different with different types of springs in each one. The one with the metal follower had almost zero spring tension and rounds would not come up as the action was worked. Took the end cap off the mag (and of course broke off 2 of the really cheap little plastic locking tabs! C'Mon Ruger!) and put 2 full counterclockwise rotations on the follower to load up the spring. Now it works perfectly, feeds every round every time. After putting the end cap back on I used some nylon reinforcing tape on the back of the mag to hold the end cap on. The mag actually fits, and works, better with the tape on the back of it! LOL! Snug, but not too snug, and it cycles perfectly every time. I'm going to borrow a 450 Bushmaster mag from a buddy of mine and see how that works, as others here have mentioned. I realize the rifle is what it is, "economical", but the delivery system sure could be better!

Attached Images
2019-05-10 14.31.08.jpg (87.77 KB, 46 downloads)
2019-05-10 14.31.24.jpg (88.95 KB, 43 downloads)
Last edited by DeanAnderson; 05/10/19.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member