Sounds like you got a great deal and I think you should set it up the way you want. Just a suggestion but if it were mine I'd get some shells and give her a try before I went any further you might like the scope (might be handy especially with some of the antler restrictions some states are doing now and the 348 has some range to her). 348 is a great cartridge been one of my favorites for quite a few decades now one of those calibers that always seems to work no matter what size the game and recoil really isn't that bad (I've been shooting one since I was 13). If your looking at ammo I've found they really do better with jacketed slugs cast is ok but out of 3 different ones I've shot seems the old 200 gr. Silvertips always did best for accuracy next would be 200 gr hornady flat point and then a toss up between 200 gr. swift a frames and 250 woodleigh. The leverevolution bullets I haven't tried yet I'm kinda weary of them I guess I'm just old school flat point only in a tube magazine. I had some Jameson brass that split on the first firing so I'd recommend either finding Winchester or hornady cases. Hope this helps