I've got a 582 that's mediocre with cheap bullets. I gave about $250 for it, nice finish but the stock was a disaster and I re-finished it, Maple. Wouldn't say bad though but I haven't tried Wolf or Club in it yet. I picked up a 513T for less than $500 that needed a lot of cosmetic work and I got it working for not much more than the redfield inserts and some hand work on it. I got the trigger down to 3 1/2 lbs, but it's still not a nice trigger. The stock is beautiful zebra stripe though after I put tung oil on it. I picked up a new Savage BVTSS for about $300 and it's not bad but still not broken in. Not quite up to the 513T though, except for the real nice accutrigger. If I did the Savage MKII again, I'd get the cheapest synthetic stocked one and try to improve it. Never had a CZ, Annie, Tika or Kimber but thought about them. If I saw one for $450 I'd probably buy one. A real shooter is an obsession and you'll be chasing it for a while if you go down that hole. There's a fair amount to learn. I've got my 513T at consistant 3/8" max over 50 shots at 50 yds. Most of the others always open up to 3/4" with fliers with 50 shots, but plenty of near single hole stuff in between. With 100 yds, more velocity will help, but I've not had much luck with 100 yds.

The first BVTSS I got I had to send back, the bore looked like it had been tapped not lapped. They sent me a new one and it's much better.