Originally Posted by gunner500
You bet he does Chris, one of the reasons for my calls to him, iirc the brace height is 7-3/4"s, I ask him if I was going to damage the bow braced at that height and drawing to 31's, he laughed and said no sir, let er rip, you wont hurt that bow, made me feel a lot better, I had a doe in a very tight pine thicket last year at six yards, wind in my face, she never knew I was there, I didn't shoot her, didn't need the meat, but, that encounter with that long bow was more satisfying than shooting one with a rifle, 'CLOSE' is cool.

I currently have one of his 68” Super D longbows that is bamboo on the back and belly with a Texas Ebony riser that’s 5028 and a 62” Whip with Zebra wood limbs and Bocote riser that is 5627 3/4. I like my Super D a lot but I shoot the Whip better. Surprised to have found out that I can shoot either from inside my Ox5 blind!
I had one of his 52” recurves which I kick myself for not having anymore. I was a sniper with that bow. I had it brace at close to 8” and I draw a little over 29”.

Last edited by Chrisk1977; 05/15/19.