I faced the same choice not very long ago. I actually bought a Henry Golden Boy initially but this was before I really knew what all was possible but they do currently make and sell Henry's which is something they don't do with any of the other choices. You really can't count the custom order Marlin 39.

Anyway the thing that really got me going was a NutNFancy YouTube Video and why he choose the Winchester 9422 as his favorite. After viewing this video I spent hours researching and comparing the Marlin 39 VS the Winchester 9422. Frankly I couldn't wait to replace the Henry Golden Boy with it's Brasslite cover. Anyway the conclusion after spending hours doing my research was no different than what and why he came to his conclusion on the Winchester 9422. Frankly I recommend you do the same and do your research and determine for yourself which one works best for you.

Me, I'm as happy as punch with my Winchester 9422.

[Linked Image]

Oh, and by the way. Not that I recommend the Single Shot Lever as your first and only but these are also a great 22 Lever Guns as well. Winchester 1885 Low Wall.

[Linked Image]