Well, I just had a beautiful spring morning. I walked in to the sounds of hens and a distant gobble. I made my way to a hedgerow and the line of our lease, and this bird was on the new plowed ground raising cain. He was by his self, I couldn`t believe it. I pulled 1 call out, my slate and favorite striker for it. This guy was a gobbling machine. no crow or owl went unanswered even the lightest clucks got hammered. It took him about 20 minutes to leave his strut zone and come looking. I was planted under a cedar and about 10 yds from the edge of the field. He just was wiley enough to push my range. I prepare for the worst case and needed it today. I estimated him at 50 yds, and when the trigger broke, so did he, flat rolled him. I have had a longest shot this year of 30 yds and when he was out in an open field, I knew I would not have a chance to get him closer unless I had used a decoy. I quit using them a few years ago. No blinds, no dekes. I had a blessed day and hope you guys do to. This is the very reason I shoot the equipment I shoot, and fine tune it to as good as can be made to shoot. No 3", no baby mags, no 16 or 20 ga, just some days once in a while, you need everything you got.

[Linked Image]

Proud Member of the AccuBond Society.......