I've had a couple of the current stainless 44 special bulldogs and they are quite handy IMO. Trigger is acceptable, price is reasonable. The one I kept is my truck gun. I think they point well, I don't consider a fixed sight gun a target gun, but they are what they are. They are not the gun to hot rod, for sure. I use the Blazer 44 special with a 200 grain GDHP, or cowboy loads. If I want to shoot something hotter, I've got a GP100 3" and a Ruger Flattop 44 special stainless. It's a good personal defense gun. I picked up my current one at the base when they had them on sale probably 3-4 years ago.
I've had a few of the 3" barrel ones but can't seem to hang on to them. I prefer the pachmayr grips for them to the wood.
I remember I used to have a target bulldog the 4" one. My BIL used to do a lot of hiking but never took a handgun. I gave him that handgun, as he lives in Montana and you never know what you are going to run into. Everytime I see him he raves about how accurate it is.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain