Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I get a kick out of listening to farmers complain about Trump and his trade war.

Erhmegered! We are dying! End the trade war! Blah blah blah.

As if farming has been a run away for the last 30 years. Between the banks, machinery companies, insurance companies and imput costs......yep...its for sure this trade war that hurts.

Frog Snacks!

We have been basically donating our equity to the economy for the last decade. They already had gotten the housing equity. Now its farmers.

Fuggem....I could give a schit less about the USDA and China.

Canada....and Mexico....now they could fugg this cattle deal up for us.....like they normally do.

Gotta watch those guys.

China has to buy food somewhere. So if they don’t get it from the US, say they buy it from Brazil. So what happens to everyone who was buying from Brazil? Seems like maybe they would buy from the US.

But it sure as heck gives the market a reason to discount US production. Prices up the last month or so - have to motivate those farmers to plant!

I’ve said it before on the ‘fire, the productive capacity, from changes in technology and practices, that has been added in US agriculture over the last 20 years is staggering. I don’t expect much of a turnaround until acres are idled - a new version of Conservation Reserve.

I grew up in the 80s - I remember how everyone worried about Japan surpassing the US at that time. Look at Japan today - decades of deflation, aging, population declining. Unless this goes from a trade war to a real war, China will end up the same only worse. They will be old and poor whereas japan is old and rich.

Of course most of the 1st world is aging and stagnating as well (another discussion - there are good things and bad things about that) and the US needs to get its s$&t together. We should not owe a frenemy/enemy like China what we do.

Last edited by Slope77; 05/23/19.