Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
First problem: typical without adjustment IME. The idea of CRF is to lessen the chance of a double feed.
Second problem: Does the ejector come up fully? Are you working the bolt slowly or rapidly? I have one CRF rifle that will drop a fired case back on top of the follower/loaded cartridges if I work the bolt slowly/gently.

A good CRF shouldn't do that either. I should take a video of how my m1917's and pre 64's work. If your CRF is dropping the cartridge on the follower or loaded cartridges below it, your tension is not right on the extractor.. On a good CRF, the rim of the cartridge will pop up in to the extractor as you push the bolt forward (at any speed) and grab and hold it securely.... I'm wondering if the OP's rifle is an earlier M77, that wasn't full on "CRF"? The tangers were a hybrid that looked like a CRF with a big claw extractor, but acted more like a pushfeed... Then the early m77 MkII rifles had to be modified to be a CRF and then Ruger later made them full on CRF. Why they didn't do this to begin with, is beyond me...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA