Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I have no need to prove anything to myself or others.

P

Me neither. Climbing Mt. Everest has absolutely zero benefit to mankind and doesn’t impress me at all. Those that have been of service to their neighbor, friends, church, etc are far more impressive than some liberal taking advantage of an entire culture by appropriating them to be their porters. It’s no longer a feat of epic proportions like it was for Norgay or Whittaker, it’s simply a logistical nightmare that if everything cooperates translates into a long walk uphill in an oxygen depleted environment.

Unfortunately the infusion of western money that’s paid for the privilege of “climbing” the mountain is the largest source of revenue for Nepal and the communities that support the “climbers” so they’ve become dependent upon that for survival. I have a lot of respect for the Sherpas and the life they’ve scratched out in such a harsh and unforgiving environment.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~