Originally Posted by luv2safari
Erich,

I've shot quite a few S&B 22HP softs in my Valmet, and they do OK. I figure the 22HP is at most a 200yd deer round (pushing it), and the S&B shoot a nice minute of mulie. Never measured, but I'm guessing 1.5-2 MOA in my gun. I need to clock the twist sometime, but why would Valmet make a gun for decades with too slow a rate for the HP?

It's interesting that the BRNOs have a single non-selective rear trigger. I can't quite figure out why??? confused Maybe it's for shooting with O/U shotgun tubes.

A mate of mine gets very good accuracy with 70 gn bullets in his ZH305 - cloverleafs at 100m. I don't remember what variety they are - Hornady I think.

I think that the trigger arrangement makes a good deal of sense given that you can swap your combo set for a shotgun set. The shotgun barrels have the same chokes, but firing the bottom barrel first (using the rear trigger) gives less muzzle jump, so you can get the second barrel away quicker, especially since you don't need to move your finger to the other trigger.

Of course you still have the option of firing the top barrel first if you want to. Best of both worlds really.