My shooting has been embarrassingly sparse the last couple of years. Had my first shoot of the year, after not shooting since October sometime.

All sorts of issues, basically, I have forgotten how to shoot. But with that said, I was verifying zero on my 22s and out of three rifles, I shot the best groups ever with two of them. I mean, ever.

First up was my 22 RF 10/22 TGT. Last year, the firing pin started giving weak strikes, I asked for advice on the forum, got good advice, did the voodoo, only now have I had time to set it down on the bench and see. So -- with my last five Win red-box 42 PPs, at 50 yards, I got a .242 group. Nope, no more of that to see if it was a fluke. Usual CCI's were making round groups in the sixes at 50 after that, so even if I can't find any red box 42s right away, I'm happy.

Then, my 223 10FP Salvage with Fred Moreo/Douglas barrel. All over the paper, then jammed a round and took the action out and trigger off. Finally got it un-jammed, with help from a cleaning rod. Put it all back together, cleaned it, shot a couple of mediocre but round groups, but was still not happy so I rebuilt my nest on the bench, found a shorter stool. Shot a better group. Then got out a load that has shown "promise" but I wasn't really sure of. First shot drilled the dot, the next three missed the paper, and the fifth barely hit paper. After slouching out to the backers, I looked a little closer and nope, I wasn't missing, just folding it back a little more. .210 for five shots, and 9 PM, end of shooting hours, was past.

Anyway, the load is molied Zombie 50s over 4895 and 400s in weight-sorted late-90s LC brass. Regular VM's, I'd not be shocked all that much, but the Zombies were bargain priced. Again, hoping not a fluke, going to the east side tomorrow and hope to try them for real.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.