Morewood;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust all is well in your world.

While I am far from anything resembling an expert on mulies, they've fascinated me since I saw the first ones when I moved here to BC the first time in '81.

In one of his fine books, John Barsness has a photo of a buck he killed way up the Rockies near the medicine line. It's positively huge in body, way, way bigger than anything I've seen on the hoof in BC, Alberta or Saskatchewan in the last nearly 40 years.

There are, in my experience anyway, quite a bit of difference in both body and antler size even regionally out here, for instance on the drier west side of the valley where we live, a first rack mulie would average 10-15lbs less carcass weight than ones taken from the timber on the wetter east side.

Anyone I've known who killed a really big bodied mulie invariably took it on the east side - or a couple valleys west where it's wetter again.

Just a few random thoughts this morning on your query and not much more. I am hopeful that some true experts chime in this morning - as mentioned Scenar hunts the big prairie strain mulies and JG chases some big bodied desert strains.

All the best to you as we head into warmer weather.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 05/28/19. Reason: added for clarity - hopefully

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"