Originally Posted by waterdoctor
I called Swarovski service...

According to the tech, the glass, the housing tube and the reticle are identical. The key difference between these two scopes is the erector set. Leaf spring vs coil spring. They opinioned on a 308 I'd probably never know the difference in performance.

They also have more adjustment then the Z3's and the light transmission numbers are slightly higher , slight edge on eye relief. The Z3 might be brighter then the Z5 based on what I have seen. I am interested in the Z5 model you have posted about as well. I like the Reticle choices better on the Z3 though. I have had 3 Z3's 1 AV in 4-12x50. Everyone was sent off , everyone of them crapped out with less then 20 rounds put thru it. 25-06,7mm-08,7mm Weatherby and 300wsm. Everyone of them came back fixed and they then went down the road. You wonder why I kept buying them? Because I thought I had the bad luck of the draw and that the next one would be perfect. My brother owned a 4-12x50 BT which he mounted on a Vanguard 300 WBy mag and never had one single issue. I had a 3-10x42 mounted on a 7 mag , never had an issue, just did not like the BRH reticle .

Go Figure