Originally Posted by Brittman
Thanks, guys, I appreciate your answers! I did not know about the ATF saying no to the idea...hmm? Good idea, Hubert, about putting in straight rifling in a barrel. I wonder what that would do with the new TSS shot?

I will check out UTube for such videos, also. Does anyone know what the length of a smoothbore shotgun barrel has to be? Maybe 18"...?

I know Kauger Arms now makes a .410 b/a handgun for turkey hunting. I will have to check to see what the barrel length is on it.

Once again, this Board has some very knowledgeable people on it and it's great for them to share their insight. Thank you all!

Brittman

I had a double barrel 12 ga that I bought at an auction.. the L barrel was full choke, and someone had cut 4 grooves the full length except for about 3 inches at the choke. they were wide and I guessed they acted as a backbore would on the choke for turkey shoots. at forty yards it would put most of the shot in a 10 inch target.. sold it to a turkey shooter as I never did much of stuff. and wasent into turkey hunting at that time.