Like most web forums, it's a melting pot of situations, beliefs, experiences and emotions. What about Canadians? Do you agree, in general terms, what is posted in many of these threads? We have fewer equipment choices up here. Canadian laws are different. We don't have all the same critters in Canada. When you are looking to replace the scope on your deer rifle, do you come here looking for advice? I ask because many of the threads go south quickly, and/or posters don't provide support for their POV.

Case in point: The Leupold threads in the Optics forum. All I got from those was a bunch of angry guys, most of whom delighted in Leupold bashing. I don't believe all of the anger or negative criticism is based on actual experience. Some of it seems to be a "follow the leader" type responses. It's great fun to put the company down. The only thing that I took away from those threads was "poor internals". I realize putting down people and things has been going on for years - even before the Illuminati created the Internets. smile

Any "best" thread. Best deer rifle. Best deer bullet. Best factory deer load, etc. Granted, "best of" threads are a staple on every forum of any kind. It would be nice to hear how people came to their conclusions. I really dislike these threads because most people don't explain how they came to their conclusions. A dead deer pic, or a target photo with a small group of holes punched through it isn't worth a lot without an explanation.

When you are looking for advice about replacing the scope on your deer rifle, do you come here looking for information? What do you take away from your inquiry? Or is it simply a place to go, to hang out with others who share many of the the same interests?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]