Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Very, very long story...
She was a Native Indian from Mentasta insisting she could fish ancestral waters for spawning red salmon.

Law said no. She won at court. 9th Circuit confirmed.

It went to SCOTUS but at the 11th hour the POS Gov, Tony Knowles dropped the case unilaterally.

We have been living under Fed management of our fish and game on Fed lands, which is by far the biggest part of AK. And we have allocation based on zip code and various other obviously unconstitutional things going on.

That is a very small thumbnail.

Thanks for the answer Art. I am not in favor of giving special treatment to any ethnic group. I also do not believe in hyphenated Americans. I believe you are American or not. I never have told someone that I am Czech American. We should all have one set of rules period. People want to get all uppity about us taking the land from the Indians, but they were taking it from each other before we got here. There shouldn't be any reparations to anyone. When Rome took over a country they made them Roman's and they didn't rebuild nothing. If the native Alaskans want special treatment then dont give them an oil check. You shouldn't get it both ways.
Rant over

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.