Ah, this morning was so nice at the NCW Gun Club! Cool, overcast, light breeze.

I took the 375 H&H Ruger Number One out to the range for a practice session. It's currently topped with the 1.5-5x Leupold. Today's ammo was the 270 grain RNSP Hornady over 69 grains of RL-15. The load is accurate & powerful. I've had this rifle for ten years now and have shot three bears with it. It's become one of my absolute favorite hunting rifles, and I wish I'd taken an elk or a mule deer with it as well, but that hasn't happened yet. Someday perhaps.

I'd only intended to shoot about 10 rounds today... But... Well... When I'm shooting one of my favorite rifles, it's hard to know when to quit. So... 35 rounds went downrange. smile

Shortest range I shot at was 20 yards, longest was only 100 yards. I did rest the rifle across my backpack for some shooting, but a most of it was from sitting or standing with no support. I surely do enjoy shooting this nice rifle. Reliable, accurate, great handling. Makes me grin so much. A few years ago I considered selling it, but am so glad that I didn't do that. This one is a keeper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can see where we had the fire department out to do a controlled burn on the range. Seemed prudent, given the summers/fire seasons we've had so often in recent years. They did a great job of burning the grass & weeds!

Am planning to carry this rifle for black bear again this year. Hoping for another success! smile

Regards, Guy