Proud_Dad; All,

I'm NOT sure of this, as it came from an email that was forwarded to me by another TP&WD volunteer, but allegedly a 17YO male caught an OVER 8-pound RAINBOW TROUT at Southside Lion's Club Park's lake last Friday, just before dusk on a live minnow.

TP&WD stocks the "urban" lakes around here in the late Fall & Winter with about 12" hatchery-raised Rainbow Trout in the belief that the trout won't survive our south TX Summers but SOME few do survive & grow to TROPHY sizes.
(Fwiw, I've never even seen an 8-pound Rainbow, much less ever caught one, even after 6 decades of fishing.- Fwiw, I was quite pleased with catching an about 3 pound Rainbow on a flyrod/streamer fly, some 15 years ago, on a VA military post's lake.)

Fwiw, I asked "Nathan" (by email) to see if there is a photo of the BIG trout & if there is a photo to post it to the WWW.
(I do KNOW that there are some BIG fish in those urban ponds, as I actually saw a sub-teen girl catch an over 10# channel cat out of one of the lakes & on a PINK Zebco rod/reel, using worms for bait.).

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836