Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Proving once again that cooking competitions are pretty far from the real world. I don't know about you but I'd not want to eat some chemical that dissolves meat. Nor would I serve any such thing to guests.

Yes, I agree, they are very far from the real world. You have to remember the judge is taking one bite so if you don't impress him you're sunk. I don't use phosphates at home on steak, because I don't have too. At home I get to select my steaks form the store. However, I always use it on brisket and anyone that has used a commercial brisket injection has too. There is no way I could eat even half of one of my competition steaks as they are WAY too salty. Same goes for competition bbq. With all of the rubs, butter, injections and sauces most people would be sick as a dog if they made a whole meal of it.

I'm sorry I answered gunzo's question. I feel like now I've been taken to food court and found guilty of poisoning people. LOL!! smile

Dont sweat it.

Its a world we apparently know nothing about.

Still interesting.

I suspect when the big packers inject a solution to make the ribs Extra Tender....its phosphate, sugar and water.

I am MAGA.