For the past 3 months, I've had a noise coming through the cab of my tractor....and it's worried me crazy. I first thought something was loose and tried finding it, but couldn't find anything. I then thought maybe it was an issue with the clutch or transmission, and was just about ready to take it to the local repair shop and have them take a look at it. My nephew, a farmer who is also a very good mechanic, drove it Sunday and he said he thought it was something loose and vibrating. So, yesterday I crawled back up under the tractor and went to looking for whatever it was that was driving me nuts.

There it was, in plain view......a bolt had come out of the steps where they bolted onto the frame up under the cab, leaving only one bolt holding it and when the tractor was moving, they were vibrating. Put a bolt in and tightened everything up, ran the bush hog several hours yesterday afternoon, and no more noise.

Now, if I could just find that little leak in the A/C system, I'd be happy. I have to add a can of Freon every few months, and though it's no big deal, I'd just as soon find the leak and fix it.