I usually got a notice that mine was due for renewal. I didn’t this year and let it lapse. I didn’t bother renewing because of the need to know the laws of every state. When I first got mine, the way I read the rules, all I needed was a photo copy of the sellers DL, and they could ship straight to me. I called BATF and they said I met “Their Requirments”. Then I found out some states require “All” transfers go through an FFL. I was told thatCA doesn’t recognize the C&R if ammunition is still made for the firearm. Here in MD you have to have an HQL to buy a hand gun. I met a State Trooper at the range. He said I could still buy C&R handguns without the HQL. So, I asked my LGS, and he said MD passed a law requiring C&R handguns to have the HQL too. A friend that has an HQL just bought 22 pistol at an auction, handed his HQL to the dealer doing the transfers, and he handed it back. Said all C&R handguns were “Grandfathered” in. BATF will tell you if you met “Their Requirments”, but if you ask about a Stastes Laws, they repeat, “Their Requirments” . Can get confusing.

To the OBO thing, I always take that to mean a lesser amount. A GB seller had a 22HP listed at $1199. Described as barn find condition, with cheap vintage scope. I took a chance and offer $900. Turned out to be a Malcolm scope, and lettered as being sold to Malcolm. If you low ball an OBO, only two things can happen, they say yes, or they say no.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin