Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by 65BR
Layne Simpson wrote years ago a fella's fave WT Deer combo used a 7/08 and 130s. IIRC, one is a Hot-Core, believe the Flat Base. I dumped a deer in Tx years ago with a 700 V using a 130 Sierra Single Shot pistol bullet over 4895. Did fine. The 130s might well rival the 120 NBTs, I'd not sweat them to common distances. My former A-bolt Micro-Medallian preferred them to 140s, believe the Browning spec published showed a 10 ROT. 20" bbl.....

130s did well in a 7BR rifle I ran...anything heavier dropped too much lacking speed in the smallish case. Ran 2666, 140s ran about 2550. 120s did 2860 and did pretty well.

If accurate in my rifle, I would be happy to run them on most deer to 400 yds.

We all shot Bajillions of them in XP-100 7-08's and they could still be zookie there and not to be trusted for anything. The 120 V-Max upon inception,grossly outperformed them,as well as the .284" NBT's,but most everyone went X's through the various generations.

Can't think of an application,where the HotCor would get the nod,because they are simply bottom rung "performers",from any/all angles.

Hint..................

I used the 160 gr. Hotcor for years out of my 7x57 and never had an issue with penetration, accuracy or anything else. In fact I kept on using it when the Ballistic Tips were having their teething issues. Soo what does "zookie" mean in connection with the 130 gr. Speer Hotcor?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]