I'm old enough to have purchased a new S&W 5906 back in the day, and recently found and purchased an California Parks Dept 4006 for nostalgia. I'm also an person who likes Sig P series and have a couple P220, P226, and a P239. I also have been picking up some older vintage revolvers but that's another subject.

Anyway, the S&W gen 3 metal framed handguns are no longer with us and that's old news, but Sig has been dramatically reducing the classic P series line of their legacy pistols. Already the P227 is gone along with the P239. There's no SAS and other versions being catalogued either. I'm wondering if it's a soon to be reality that they'll cut out the P220, 226, and 229?

Everyone else has ditched the metal framed pistols so why wouldn't Sig continue to axe their line?

Currently we're in a time of the $600+ poly framed handgun. They've convinced everyone that a lightweight pistol is the only handgun that works and have prices on them that are insane. It's almost like there's getting to be no choice anymore. We have a flood of poly guns, a bunch of 1911 choices, and then hardly any metal framed handguns of other designs.

I don't hate the current poly framed pistols but I'm fed up with the high prices of some of them and like having the option of having a classic Sig or S&W (which I do) and would like to have support for them in the future, but it's looking uncertain.

There's some real amazing old designs out there that sadly are now gone. When I think of my old Beretta 950 25acp and my S&W 3913 Ladysmith I am grateful to have come across them and own them. It also make me sick that they're swept into the dust bin of history.