Any one have pics of their new or old hunting camps? My parents bought this property around 1970 for $215 an acre. I'll never sell it. They put a 42' house trailer on it, and it held up till about 10 years ago. We have electric and that's all. Fridge always has bottled water, a few soda's and lots of good beer. We usually have 4 guys for deer camp, and it gets real tight. 8or9 years ago we took out the big double window in the back and built an 8X12 room, we call the WV room. It made the trailer a lot more comfortable space wise, but it was still rusting away. Termites got in the wood frame and 20' of wall started to pull away from the floor, you could see daylight out the crack. We screwed a 2X4 to the floor, and ran 3" deck screws through the wall to keep it from falling off. We bring all of our cooking and bathing water with us. Two years ago I shot a deer and butchered it the same afternoon. Our county has had a couple cases of CWD, so we can't transport the whole carcass home. I heated up a big tub of water and washed up pretty good. That night, while sleeping, I felt something move on my thumb, flicked my hand, thinking it was a bug. Then I felt it again and flicked my hand, still half asleep. Then it bit me, slapped it and a mouse flew across the room and hit the wall, then scampered off. When I looked at my thumb, there were faint traces of deer blood in my finger print, that's what the mouse was after. Never went back to sleep. The next day put out mouse traps. My buddy Mike showed up, he'd been up all night travelling. About 4 it started getting dark, we were waiting for 99guy to show up at 7 for dinner, and Mike said he was going to take a nap. I'd been up since the mouse bit me, so I said yeah, me too, Randy will wake us up when he gets here. Before I turned out the lights I moved a trap over by the base of the fridge. Within one minute of turning out the lights, Mickey F'ed up, WHAP. Took Mickey out and threw him on the campfire, moved another trap over in the same place, turned the lights out and WHAP, there went Minney. I think we got 7 mice in two days. That was when I told my wife that we were building a new cabin come hell or high water. Just on a whim I road into Moorefield to check out the sheds they made. There was a 12'X40' garage package sitting there that had been reppoped. I got it for 10% off, $7200 dollars. It took about 3 months to get the drive cleared, about a mile of trees that had to be cut back from 8' wide to 14' wide, getting a contractor to grade the pad, then another to bring the stone in. Finally, yesterday, they delivered the new garage/bunk house.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by JoeMartin; 06/15/19.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin