Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I like Whataburger, but seldom eat there anymore. For one thing, the closest one I know of is Tulsa, about 150 miles away. When I travel that far, I'm generally eating someplace more upscale.

To be honest, Whataburger shines when compared to other big chains. I just ate a 3/4 lb. burger from down the road 4 miles at a local greasy joint. Much better than any Whataburger. In my county and the county 5 miles over, I can name 4 joints off the top of my head, that are better than Whataburger and in the same price range.

As to Sonic, they're okay when they're on, which is seldom. I wouldn't eat a burger at DQ. They taste like soy burgers to me. A lot of oldsters love their steak fingers.

DQ is not bad. Not great but OK. Sonic’s here in TX are usually OK. Nothing to write home about, but they’re usually consistent.
I ate at a DQ in Oklahoma not long ago, and it was not near as good as the TX DQ’s for some reason. Same thing with the New Mexico DQ’s. Weird.
Maybe they get worse as you go north. The ice cream varies. The one 15 miles away is inferior to the ones 25 and 30 miles away from here. The burgers are universally bad. Sonic's vary also. The burgers are universally mediocre but edible. Other stuff varies as does service. A&W is a chain that has waned. There is still one fifteen miles over and the service is excellent. The food is mediocre. Whataburger gets a lot of mileage out of being local in Texas. Sonic originated in OKC, but you don't hear a lot about it. Sonic was a lot better in the old days.