Every time a Creedmoor post is made, a 30-30 quietly dies in a dark and dank closet somewhere.

Back in the 90’s when I was in high school, you could get used 94’s and 336’s for $250-$350 all day depending on condition. I even picked up a 94 from a broke compadre for $125 one time. I Killed several white tail and hogs in East Texas with it, but when I became a broke hombre myself, it went down the road. I e always wanted another but I always expected to find one for that long past and mythical $250-$350...

It took years but I finally got a good deal on a 1970’s model 94 30-30 in really good shape and it has been a kick in the butt getting to re-learn the fun of these rifles.

[Linked Image]

My main goal is to bust an elk with it one of these days, but past that I’m just really looking forward to packing a rifle with a little soul again. Within 150 yards the 30-30 is a hammer in its own right and I can’t image how many dinner tables have been set the world over thanks to a 170 grain FP traveling at 2200 FPS.

Post up your 30-30’s and 30-30 kills!

Todd