Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Snake boots.

^^^This^^^

Rocky makes some decent ones that aren’t too expensive.

I have had the WORST experience with Rocky boots. Bought a pair for work a few years back and I'm not exaggerating when I say that they fell apart in every part after a month. Couple of years later, wife bought me a pair of Rocky snake boots and after 4 uses, the soles completely started coming off. From what I hear Rocky made good quality boots in the beginning and from ALOT of things I've read, they are complete schit now. Shame on them. Won't give them another penny ever, let the ship sink. Maybe it was a bad batch. But twice? I have a pair of Red Wing Irish Setter upland snake boots I bought when they were being discontinued in the 90s, that have proven to be outstanding quality for about 8 years now. Nothing is a guarantee, but snake boots me feel a little more at ease. Buy they best you can afford and do some research. Not much more you can do besides stay indoors.

Had a pair of Rocky hunting shoes. They lasted longer than yours did Beansnbacon, actually several years of hunting. But they were only worn during hunting season. The soles crumbled at the edge seams despite the tread showing little wear at all. I agree, won't ever buy another pair. What a shame though, because they were a comfortable pair of shoes. The only problem I can see with them is the compound they use simply decomposes and crumbles.