finally got a response from those I've voted for.

Bunch of crap IMO.

I say screw the informal agreement and tell Senator Menendez to pound sand. He's just trying to stall this until Trump is out of office.

Reply below:
--------------------
Hi James,

I wanted to follow up on the email you sent our office regarding International Traffic in Arms Regulations. I did some checking and got the following update:

In a February 26, 2019, letter (attached) to Secretary of State Michael Pompeo, Senator Menendez wrote that he has placed a "hold on the congressional notification" of the USML transfers described above. The Senator invoked the authority contained in AECA Section 38(f), which requires the President to notify the HFAC and the SFRC at least 30 days before removing any article from the USML. Such notification must be "in accordance with the procedures applicable to reprogramming notifications under section 634A(a) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961." These reprogramming notifications do not require congressional approval, but there is an informal arrangement by which committee Members can place a hold on the notice . According to the letter, Menendez's hold, which prevents the USML changes notified on February 4 from taking effect, "will remain in place until such time as" issues concerning Congressional review and 3D Gun Printing "are sufficiently addressed." A State Department official told CRS on June 19 that the status of the USML categories remains unchanged.

Please let me know if you have questions or would like to discuss this further.

Thanks,

Jack Wagon senator's letter:
[Linked Image] Menendez hold_Page_1 by JAMES ANDERSON, on [bleep]

[Linked Image] Menendez hold_Page_2 by JAMES ANDERSON, on [bleep]

[Linked Image] Menendez hold_Page_3 by JAMES ANDERSON, on [bleep]

[Linked Image] Menendez hold_Page_4 by JAMES ANDERSON, on [bleep]

[Linked Image] Menendez hold_Page_5 by JAMES ANDERSON, on [bleep]

Last edited by JRGunmaker; 06/19/19.

gunmaker
------------------
Custom Metalsmith & Stockmaker